The past two months of researching for the project have been both exciting and challenging. The month of May was spent primarily getting in contact with archival services to obtain permission to utilize the content I had curated. Many emails were sent back and forth with many steps taken to ensure the proper use of the content, I am happy to say that the process has paid off and the content I have collected can be showcased! I learned the importance of keeping careful records when you are conducting any research, especially when obtaining materials from a provincial archive. Throughout the month of June, I obtained several public domain picture books from the nineteenth century, came across YouTube videos illustrating city life and its impact on children and even began brainstorming ideas for the project's forthcoming YouTube channel. Throughout the remainder of the summer, I hope to continue collecting more diverse material and collaborate with the project leads and fellow researchers to begin creating content for the "Curating the Story Museum" YouTube channel. Stay tuned folks!
top of page
bottom of page